All schools will remain OPEN, unless there is heavy snowfall, damage or other circumstances (eg. power outage) that make it impossible to operate safely. The district will do its best to communicate school or district-wide closures or cancellations by 6:30 am. This information will be posted on the front page of the district website and tweeted out (follow us on Twitter @burnabyschools). However, please keep in mind that there may be situations where this is not always possible, for example, power outages or technical problems.
Drop off your donations of new socks, toques, mittens and scarves to Cameron School by Thursday, December 8th to help “Warm Up the East Side”.
Please click here for information on how to register for the Burnaby Christmas Bureau.
Qualified applicants receive new toys for their children (16 years and younger)
With the Fall season descending upon us and the expected rainy weather, we wanted to remind you that we are going to be trying out a “West Coast Recess” at Cameron. What does this mean? It means that we will minimize the number of days we consider inside days because of poor weather. This will only apply to Recess but not to the noon hour. Students will be expected to come to school prepared for the weather. Please ensure that your child is well prepared for rain on any given day (please see suggestions below). Students are encouraged to have a change of clothes with them at school in case they fall or get wet. A number of Burnaby schools and many neighbouring Districts are running “West Coast Recess” programs.
Being Prepared for the Weather.
Teachers will be speaking with their students about ways for them to stay dry if they do not bring the appropriate clothing with them. We encourage the students to:
- Wear a rain coat or rain poncho to school and during breaks
- Wear rubber boots (students will be reminded to change footwear by the classroom teachers)
- Wear rain pants if they have them (can easily slip on before going outside and take off quickly upon re-entry)
- Bring an umbrella
- Wear a hat
- Have a change of clothes (including socks and extra shoes) in a separate bag they can store in the cloakroom
AT CAMERON SCHOOL, WHERE EVERYONE’S RESPECTED, WE BELIEVE IN:
- taking responsibility for our actions,
- being diligent in our learning,
- caring for each other and having fun together!
At Cameron, staff, students and parents work together to provide a safe healthy environment in which students are encouraged to acquire the skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary to develop their full potential as lifelong learners. In our diverse community, students, their families and staff strive to work together to develop confident, responsible citizens.
- Congratulations to Donya Mossanen-Amini for having her artwork chosen by the Burnaby Art Gallery to be on their poster advertising the Arts Alive exhibition. This exhibition highlighted works by elementary students who explore the theme of “capturing a moment.” Donya’s artwork is displayed on the slideshow above. You may view all of the entries by Division 1 at: Arts Alive
- Please follow the link to the Burnaby Now article celebrating the great learning that is happening in Cameron!
- Public Speaking Contest: Congratulations to Sandra Azinovic for successfully qualifying participaing in the District Finals on March 4th at the Centre for Dialogue at Byrne Creek Secondary. She did an excellent job of representing Cameron
- October 31, 2016 No Comments
- September 8, 2016 No Comments
- June 22, 2016 No Comments
- June 21, 2016 No Comments
- June 11, 2016 No Comments
- May 2, 2016 No Comments
- January 21, 2016 No Comments
- January 6, 2016 No Comments
- December 7, 2015 No Comments
- November 20, 2015 No Comments