Kindergarten registration begins on February 1, 2017 for children who were born in the year 2012. We will accept registrations without an appointment, between the hours of 10:00 am – 11:30 am and 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm daily. Burnaby School District uses enrolment numbers from March to plan for the number of classes and staff for the following school year, so please be sure to register as soon as possible. We highly recommend that parents register in February in order to guarantee a space at Cameron.
Documents Required for Registration:
1) Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport)
2) Proof of guardianship (parent or guardian as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant paper or guardianship order).
3) Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student
4) Proof of residency for the parent or guardian and student – 2 pieces. At least one being from Category A below:
Category A: proof of ownership of dwelling or long-term lease or rental of dwelling; legal documents indicating BC residence; parent or guardian filing income tax returns as a BC residentn records
Category B: BC hydro bill, BC cable bill, Provincial driver’s license, provincial registration of automobile, Canadian bank accounts or credit cards
5) Immunization Records
On January 12th, the grade 7 electronic files will be forwarded to their catchment secondary school so that schools can begin preparing for September.
- If you live in our catchment: parents are not required to do anything further and your child’s files will be sent to Burnaby Mountain.
- If you live in Burnaby, but not in Burnaby Mountain’s Catchment: electronic files will be sent to your child’s catchment school and parents are not required to do anything further, unless you want your child to attend a different school. If you want your child to go to a different Burnaby school you will need to fill out the Cross District Application Form. To determine which catchment you are in, click here.
- If you live outside of Burnaby: You will need to register at your child’s catchment school, and then apply for a spot at your preferred Burnaby school using either the Cross or Out-of-District Application forms.
Application forms and more detailed information went home on Friday to those families who do not live in Burnaby Mountain’s catchment area. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Ms. Duff at the office 604-664-8622.
Please click hereto see how you can help keep our children safe while walking to and from school. Please click here to view this information in Korean.
Thank you once again to the Burnaby Firefighters Association for their generous donation of cereal bars, cereal, oatmeal and juice to help support the needs of our school community.
Do you have anything planned for your child for February 17 (Pro-D day) or during Spring Break? The City of Burnaby has some great options for you to explore.
Click here to see what programs are available and to register.